VCMS iPad Fee and Purchase Options
Parents - you can submit your choice online. Please let us know your option by the end of the school year.
Bring Your Own Device (Black color preferred)
You may purchase your iPad through any authorized reseller such as Apple, Best Buy or Target. You can also consider buying a refurbished iPad through Apple - apple.com/store (look toward bottom left of the screen - supplies are limited).
Lease through Valley
- Minimum requirement is an iPad2 16GB WiFi model. A first generation iPad is not supported in this program. We highly recommend at least 32GB of memory. 64GB of memory is a plus but optional. Models with cellular data options are not required, at school students will be required to use our WiFi network.
- A $150 Tech Fee is required. There will be an option to pay the tech fee upfront or spread it out over 10 months. The fee will cover support from the school, our ongoing resources to manage the program, and participation in an insurance program. An added benefit is the inclusion of core software necessary for the program.
- For the duration of the program, we require the iPad to be managed by the tools we use to: distribute software, monitor adherence to policy, and implement safety and security. You will still have the ability to keep your own personal software and content.
You can lease your iPad through Valley. If leased through Valley, the iPads will be available at the end of August. This will be a “lease-to-own” 3 year program.
Why not the 1st generation iPad?
- All options include the tech fee which covers support from the school, ongoing resources to manage the program, and participation in an insurance program.
- At the end of the lease you own the iPad. If you exit the 3-year program early, you will have a buyout option for the remainder of the lease.
- iPad options for leasing:
- A 32gb “new” iPad (WiFi) *Preferred(also known as the iPad 3)
- This iPad has an improved camera and greater display resolution.
- Cost for 3-year lease: $350 yearly bundle ($35/month) which includes the hardware lease and the tech fee.
- A 16gb iPad 2(WiFi) (new from Apple and fully supported)
- Visually there is little noticeable difference between an iPad2 and the new model. Apple only offers a new iPad2 with 16GB of space, which may require more effort to manage content.
- Cost for 3-year lease: $290 yearly bundle ($29/month) which includes the hardware lease and the tech fee.
We do not recommend and cannot support the iPad 1 as a part of this program, Students will be expected to create projects with video and photographic content. These functions are not available or work poorly on the iPad 1.