Policy Regarding Adding and/or Dropping Classes
- The student must continue to attend class and do the course work until he/she receives notification that the request has either been approved or denied.
- A student must always maintain a minimum number of academic courses (six for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors; five for seniors). Exceptions may be made for students in the Academic Support Program.
- ADDING: Students may add a course within the first ten school days of each semester. Requests to add a course may be made on-line.
- DROPPING: Students may drop a course during the first seven weeks of the semester with no record on the permanent transcript. Effective 2008, courses dropped during weeks eight to thirteen will result in a withdrawal "W" on the permanent transcript. Courses dropped after week thirteen will result in a failing "F" grade on the permanent transcript. Requests to drop a course must be made in writing using the "Drop Form". Drops made within the first two weeks of the semester can be made via the online form or by direct email request. Drops made after that time require a parent signature. Drop forms are also available from the counselors or at the high school office..
- Students dropping from an honors version of a course to its regular component may do so even after seven weeks without an F, but will transfer their grade with them.
Last Modified on August 17, 2021