Summer/Make-Up Courses

  • Students may request approval to take a course outside of VCHS.  Such courses must be for "recovery credit" only (a make-up of a low or failing grade), except in the case of Geometry (which may be taken for original credit). 
    For inclusion on the VCHS transcript, all outside courses must meet the following criteria:
    1. The educational institution must be accredited.
    2. The course must be UC-approved.
    3. The course must apply directly to a VCHS graduation requirement.  Elective courses are not included on the VCHS transcript.
    4. An official transcript/grade report must be provided to VCHS by the educational institution.  It is the student's responsibility to make sure such a report is provided to VCHS.

    A maximum of 1.0 transfer credits per core discipline (English, Math, Science, Social Studies, World Language) may be taken at an outside accredited institution during the high school career. A student may not exceed 3.0 total transfer credits across the core curriculum during their high school career.

    Students wishing to earn transfer credit for non-VCHS classes must submit the application below and receive PRIOR approval. Applications made after the class has been completed are not guaranteed automatic credit.
Last Modified on May 9, 2016