iPad Program Details
How do VC students use iPads?Students use iPads in and out of the classroom to do the following:
What classes/grades are participating in the Student iPad Program?The program begins at our Middle School in 7th grade and continues until 12th grade. The middle school started the program in 2012 and high school followed in 2013.
- Learn applications and skills such as word processing, graphic design, art design, and PowerPoint/Keynote presentations
- Conduct research in real-time learning
- Participate in individualized enrichment and intervention programs
- Collaborate on projects with other students in class and across the globe
- Use the best of what technology has to offer, specific to each grade and subject area
Cost & Purchase Information
We encourage families to purchase their iPads through Valley Christian Schools. We can accommodate mid-year or early purchases for those who wish to buy an iPad as a birthday, Christmas, or graduation gift. VCS requires purchasing iPads through the school which provides several benefits to families:
- iPads purchased through VCS are pre-configured from Apple making the setup process more efficient.
- VC iPads receive secure management and protection through Apple's Device Enrollment Program.
- iPads purchased through VCS have the option of receiving two to four years of AppleCare Plus protection at a reduced cost. If purchased with bundled case, Apple will waive the $50 deductible per accidental damage claim (two incidents per year).
- VC will process all repairs or replacements in case of a break or any damage.
- If VC receives institutional discounts they are passed on to you.
Can I purchase an iPad from a retailer (like Walmart, Costco, Amazon, BestBuy, etc)?You can purchase your own iPad from a retail store. If you choose this route please understand the following:
Can I use an iPad I already own?Yes you can!If you plan to bring your own iPad please note:
- There is a $25 setup fee to bring your own iPad, and you will need to bring the iPad to VCS to have the tech team prepare it. It will be erased and then configured to work with our VC systems.
- Unless you purchase the AppleCare warranty at the time of purchase, VC cannot process any repairs or replacements. You will be on your own for this. VC will provide a “loaner” iPad for five school days free of charge, but then $5 per school day after the fifth day. If you order a replacement iPad through the school the $5 loaner fee will be waived.
- If you have an older iPad and intend to use it for school, it will need to at least be able to run the latest iPad OS (currently iPad OS 14). We highly recommend that iPads have at least 64gb of storage.
- It will need to at least be able to run the latest iPad OS (currently iPad OS 14). We highly recommend that iPads have at least 64gb of storage.
- There is a $25 setup fee for bring your own iPad.
- You will need to bring the iPad to either the middle school or high school by July 23, 2021 (or anytime before) to have the tech team prepare it. Prior to bringing the iPad please do the following on the iPad:
1. Be sure to save any personal items (photos, notes, etc) to another device as your iPad will be completely erased.
2. Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store:
Tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
3. Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
4. If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].
How much will it cost?See the iPad Pricing & Ordering page.
- VC cannot process any repairs or replacements unless you purchased the AppleCare+ warranty at the time of purchase. VC will provide a “loaner” iPad for five school days free of charge but then $5 per school day after the fifth day.
Are there any financing options?We do not offer a payment plan. You must pay upfront when you order the iPad by check or credit card.Do I have to purchase a case?Cases are highly recommended but not required.Do I have to purchase a separate keyboard and/or Apple Pencil?Separate devices are optional. Apple accesories are covered under the AppleCare+ warranty but only if the accessories were purchased with the iPad (accidental damage service fees will apply).If a new model comes out after school starts, can my son or daughter use the new model instead?If you would like to purchase a new iPad at any point during the year, please complete the iPad order form here: www.vcschools.org/ipadorder. Please consult the technology team and realize that moving content to a new device can be time-consuming. As mentioned above, there is a $25 set up fee if you do not purchase the iPad from VCS.
How can I learn more?