August 21, 2020
Dear Valley Christian Families,
We are off and running at Valley Christian! It is energizing to see our students faces again via Zoom and when on campus for check-in days, athletics, and getting individual and small group help from our faculty and staff. As we enter our third week of school, it remains our strongest desire to return to campus for in-person learning as soon as we are able.
We desire this for five main reasons:
- The majority of our staff, students and families desire to be back on campus for in-person learning.
- We believe that education in a PS-12 setting happens best when students can interact with peers and their teacher.
- The strength of a Christian school lies in its sense of community. We are healthier physically, emotionally, and spiritually when we can live, work, learn, and play in community.
- Being together for learning on campus is more equitable. Families have various levels of access to technology, wifi, and support for students as they complete their work. Being together on campus allows all students to access our teachers, resources and support as needed.
- It is more fun to be together at school!
Our faculty and staff remain driven to serve our students and families to the best of their ability while teaching in this mode. A huge thank you to our faculty and staff and each family that has partnered with us and remained steadfast to the mission of Valley Christian Schools. As I walk around each campus, it is clear that our students and staff are energized to be together back at school in our current format. We welcome your feedback and have already made some adjustments based on student and parent input. We are grateful for your continued support and partnership during this chapter in the life of our school.
Valley Christian Schools continues to wait for the green light to submit our L.A. County waiver to reopen our elementary campus for in-person learning. VCS has the paperwork ready to submit, but has been informed that LA County is not yet accepting applications due to the current COVID-19 case rates in LA County. The good news is that the numbers in LA County are declining which moves us closer to the county accepting waivers. Once our waiver is submitted, we will update our families as we learn more from our local and state officials reviewing our waiver. Again, our desire remains to be on campus for in-person learning as soon as possible. It should also be noted that your kids are doing a great job following our health and safety protocols when they are on campus. This will be helpful once we return to in-person learning five days a week.
Please continue to pray for our staff, our students and their families as we partner together on this journey. We pray the words of our school theme verse found in Joshua 1:9 which reads, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
In closing, we remain committed to continuing to provide the excellent and personal education you have come to expect. Thank you for choosing Valley Christian Schools!
Grace and Peace,
Valley Christian Schools