Canvas Learning Management System
Canvas URL: vcschools.instructure.com
Welcome to Canvas, our Learning Management System (LMS) for KCC-12th grade. What is an LMS? It does NOT replace PowerSchool, but extends it to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place.
Each teacher has control over what their Canvas course looks like. For some courses, the teacher might just have a home page that covers the important things they are working on that week. In other grades, there may be online quizzes, videos, discussions and collaborations that bring a whole new level to the experience.
If you are a parent or guardian, you are invited to register as an observer in your student’s courses. You will see what is going on in a course without interrupting the flow of daily course communication. You cannot submit work on behalf of your student, but you can see their grades, upcoming Assignments, and interaction in the course.
How to Register as a Parent
These initial steps must be completed from a computer browser and not on an iPad or mobile device. Once the initial registration is complete, Canvas works well on any device.
- Go to vcschools.instructure.com
- Click on the link: “Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here, for an account .”
- Enter your name, email and a student’s username and password (the student usernames and passwords were provided at Back to School Night or mailed home)
- Open the email titled “Confirm Registration: Canvas” from “VCS Canvas Notifications”. Click the link provided to complete the registration process
- More than 1 student? Go to your Canvas “Settings” and click on “Observing” to add additional students
Video Guide for Registering as a Parent Observer
Your Canvas username and password are the same as for PowerSchool. For help contact your school's Technology Support team.
Teachers and Staff
Please contact your school's Technology Support team if you are unable to login.
Your username is the full email address you registered with.
If you need to reset your password, use the Parent Password Reset Link on the login page.
Parents please contact email@example.com if you have issues logging in.